1. Beer on the front porch of Poor Richard’s Ale House with Jeff. So great. Such perfect weather today. Sunny, fluffy clouds, no humidity, warm in the sun and cool in the shade.
2. Emmett at the park after dinner. He doesn’t quite get how to do a slide yet. He starts sitting up, but ends up lying down. Or on his stomach. Either way, his hair gets awesomely staticky.
3. Yes, that’s how you spell staticky. I just looked it up.
4. Our kitchen is a disaster, because I decided to not do anything at all about anything today. Instead, we went grocery shopping, watched “Suits” while Emmett slept, then drank beer at the Ale House while he hung out with Mimi and Pop, and then went to the park instead of cleaning up. Now I’m writing and reading instead of cleaning up. And I didn’t clean anything up last night, either. Toys are everywhere.
(so i don’t forget)
- fixing the transformer in our oven hood so we have lights over the burners and we can actually see what we’re cooking
- developing the dozen or so rolls of film i have in my little anthropologie gift bag that i turned into an exposed film repository
- one of those rubber handle cover thingies to go on the cast iron frying pan so i can hold it without needing to find the potholder and risk catching the potholder on fire because i am not so careful sometimes
- pretty clothes
- dinners out, with cocktails, lots
- mail-order stinky cheese
- Rancho Gordo beans
- a Soda Stream
- the spongester
- frames for my Milk Truck poster, Emmett’s Christmas gift from Liam, and no doubt other things lying around that need to be framed
- taking my old black rocking chair to a furniture repair service to get it shored up so I don’t fear Emmett ripping an arm off
As our movers took my bureau up the stairs of our new house, the dude on the bottom said to the dude on top, “Hold on, let me press this.” He then switched his grip from underhand to overhand and pressed the chest of drawers up.